Failure of a Course

Download PDF

Ordinarily, a student who fails a required course must remove the failure in order to graduate. If a student successfully repeats a course that has been failed, the second grade received will replace the “F” when the average is computed. The original grade of “F” will remain on the record followed by the word “repeated.” If the course is repeated at another institution, the original “F” will remain on the transcript, but will not be used when calculating the student’s G.P.A. If a student fails a required course and the professor wishes to permit a make-up examination, the grade for the course may not normally be higher than “D.”